First things, first. Get to campus.
- First-year Honors students move in between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Friday, August 11.
- All remaining students move in on Saturday, August 12, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Questions about move in, including information on parking, traffic and transportation, can be found on the WVU Housing and Residence Life page.
What’s next? Every student has a personalized schedule of events tailored to their major. Everything you need to know should be available on this website. If not, we’ll tell you where to look to learn more.
Identify your major and college.
If you are a "pre" major, please plan to attend the academic session scheduled by the college/school that houses your major. For example, Pre-Dental Hygiene should attend the academic session sponsored by the School of Dentistry. If you aren't sure of which major you are in, you can find that information in DegreeWorks, which you can access through the WVU Portal.
Attend your academic session on Monday, August 14.
Information on times and places to report can be found on your college, school or program web page after August 1. You can identify your major using DegreeWorks, which you can access through the WVU Portal.
Taking care of business – last-minute shopping and tour opportunities.
Forgot to pack a toothbrush, or just looking for that perfect addition to your dorm room décor? Take advantage of bus trips to the University Town Center. Learn times for the trip and other news from your Resident Advisor (RA) or Commuter Advisor (CA).
Want to familiarize yourself with campus a little more? Take an RA or CA tour. Learn more about times and tours from your RA or CA.
Learning meets leisure.
- Mountaineer Midway at the Student Rec Center – Sunday, August 13, 5-8 p.m. Think carnival – WVU-style! Plus snacks and a student organization fair.
Monday Night Lights at Milan Puskar Stadium – Monday, August 14, 8-10 p.m.
Held at Mountaineer Field (literally on the field), first-year students will be greeted by the Pride of West Virginia Marching Band, have a class photo taken and see their first Mountaineer fireworks show.
FoodFest at Lot 49 beside Student Rec Center – Tuesday, August
15, 4-8 p.m. WVU is serving up a second helping of Welcome Week’s premiere foodie
event, FoodFest. Taste a bit of the local flavor while entering for a chance
to win prizes. More info will be available about ticketing.
- FallFest at Lot 77 beside the Health and Education Building (also known as the College of Physical Activity and Sports Sciences), next to the Student Rec Center – Tuesday, August 15, 4-9 p.m.